Naturally fresh-looking, glowing skin is on the Wishlist of every woman. What if we told you looking pretty is pretty easy. All you need is a few ingredients from your kitchen and a few minutes of your time. Let find out some home remedies for glowing skin.
Best Kitchen Ingredients for Skin Care
The most popular ingredients from your kitchen you can use in your beauty routine are:
- Turmeric – It has antiseptic properties, minimizes blemishes and brightens
- Honey – It is naturally antibacterial and helps treat acne. It’s antioxidants slow down aging. Honey is also a great natural moisturizer and soothes the skin.
- Lemon – Lemons are antibacterial and can help treat acne. Rich in vitamin C and citric acid, they can help brighten and lighten your skin over time.
- Cucumber – The cooling properties of cucumber make it great for soothing and cooling burnt and tanned skin.
- Aloe Vera – Great for cooling and soothing skin. Aloe vera gel can minimize signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines.
- Gram flour – This is a beauty staple which is used as a mild, natural exfoliant and is great for reducing tan.
- Yogurt – The lactic acid in yogurt will help dissolve dead skin and tighten pores.
- Milk – The Lactic acid in milk will help reduce pigmentation, heal dry skin, hydrate skin, heal acne and relieve sunburn.
- Rosewater – Rosewater hydrates and revitalizes skin by controlling oil production, tightening pores and maintaining the skin’s pH balance. It is also an effective natural toner.
Other than these there are a few other kitchen ingredients you would find listed below which you can incorporate in your beauty routine and bring out your natural glow.
Read Also: Home Remedies to Reduce Hair Fall
20 Effective Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Here are some of the simple yet effective natural home remedies for glowing skin.
- Honey + lemon + turmeric – Make a paste of a spoon of honey, half a spoon of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric. Apply all over face and neck and let it dry. Then wash away with water. You’ll notice clearer, brighter skin in a few days of implementing this regularly.
- Oatmeal, honey, and lemon: Mix a few teaspoons of cooked oatmeal, one teaspoon of honey, and the juice of half a lemon and apply the mixture on your face. Oatmeal is a good exfoliant, lemon acts as an astringent while lightening blemishes and honey moisturizes the skin leaving it softer and clearer.
- Gram flour, turmeric, lemon, and honey: This is one of the best masks for glowing skin when used regularly. To a spoon of gram flour (besan), add a pinch of turmeric, a few drops of lemon juice and enough honey to make a paste. Apply a thin layer of this paste to your damp face and neck, and leave on for 10 minutes to dry naturally. Rinse with water and you’ll see an immediate glow on your face.
- Gram flour, yogurt, and lemon: This mask is excellent for reducing tan and getting clearer glowing skin. Make a paste of a spoon of gram flour, a spoon of yogurt and the juice of half a lemon. The vitamin C in lemon will reduce pigmentation, yogurt will soften your skin and gram flour acts as an exfoliant. You could use this as a body scrub too after a day at the beach to reduce overall tan.
- Aloe vera and honey: Take aloe vera gel, either scraped off a fresh leaf or natural, cosmetic gel. Add an equal amount of honey and make a smooth paste. Apply on your face, let it dry naturally and wash off after 30 mins. This is excellent for dry skin.
- Aloe vera and almond oil: Take a spoon of fresh aloe vera gel scraped off the leaf of an aloe vera plant or natural, packaged gel. Add a few drops of almond oil and mix well. Apply on dry skin and wash away after 30 mins. Aloe Gel moisturizes and the vitamin E in Almond oil will smoothen skin.
- Lemon and Potato: Potato can lighten skin blemishes and treat acne, just like lemon. Grate half a potato to make a pulp and add a few drops of lemon to it. Apply this mask on your face for 20 minutes and then wash off with water. This mask is excellent in clearing acne-prone oily skin.
- Tomato and lemon: Take a spoon of tomato puree and add a few drops of lemon juice to it. Mix well and apply on the face and neck. Leave the mask for 20 minutes or so and wash off with cold water. Tomato minimizes pores and reduces blemishes.
- Milk and tomato: Milk moisturizes and naturally nourishes your skin while tomato deeply cleanses the skin. Mix one tablespoon of tomato pulp with one tablespoon of milk into a paste. Apply evenly to face and neck and let it dry naturally. Wash off with water and you will notice a clearer complexion instantly.
- Cucumber and yogurt: Cucumbers are great for soothing irritated, burnt summer skin. Grate some cucumber, add a spoon of yogurt and make a smooth paste. Apply all over face and neck and let it dry naturally. Wash off with water and you’ll find your skin glowing and soothed after a day in the sun.
- Raw milk, rice powder, and turmeric: Mix all these ingredients together into a paste. Apply on face and let it dry. The lactic acid in milk will help fight off dead skin cells, rice powder helps whiten skin and turmeric helps brighten the skin. It is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin which can be used by all skin types.
- Milk, Rosewater, and lemon: Rosewater is wonderfully soothing to use on the skin by maintaining the pH balance and controlling excess oil. Take a few spoons of milk, add a few drops of rose water, and a few drops of lemon juice to it. Apply it to your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 mins, then wash it off with some cold water. Doing this twice a day will make your skin brighter and smoother.
- Multani Mitti and Rosewater: Mix fuller’s earth (Multani Mitti) with a few drops of rose water. Make a smooth paste, apply to face and keep for about 20 minutes till is completely dry. Wash off with water. Fuller’s earth helps in drying up acne, excessive facial oil and rose water moisturizes skin.
- Turmeric, Orange juice, and sandalwood powder: This unique mask might be a bit harder to make than the rest but is highly effective in controlling excessive oil production and brightening the skin. Make a paste of all these ingredients and leave it on your face for about 10 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and watch your skin glow.
- Honey, almond oil and coffee: This Coffee face mask is a fantastic way to rejuvenate dull skin as it acts as a gentle exfoliant. Combine coffee, almond oil, and honey into a paste and apply on your face and neck and let it dry naturally. Wash it off and you’ll find softer, smoother skin.
- Vitamin E and lemon: The easily available Vitamin E capsules are very effective in providing skin a much needed Vitamin E boost. Vitamin E reduces scars, fine lines and is full of antioxidants to soften skin. Gently squeeze out the oil from the capsule, mix it with a few drops of lemon juice and rub it all over your face and neck. Let it stay on for about 10 minutes before showering and feel softer skin immediately.
- Green tea mask: Green tea helps maintain the collagen production of skin which keeps the skin supple and youthful. Boil green tea leaves in water till it leaves colour. Take two teaspoons of this liquid and add sugar to it. Do not dissolve the sugar as it is used as an exfoliant. Apply all over the face while scrubbing the sugar crystals gently in circular motions and leave it to dry for a few minutes. Once you wash it off you will find your skin tighter and glowing.
- Saffron, milk, and honey: Soak a few strands of saffron in milk till they impart their colour. Add a few drops of honey to this and apply this on the face and neck. Rinse after 10 minutes. Saffron has been used since ancient times to maintain clear and naturally glowing skin. It’s antioxidant properties keep the skin healthy and it also protects the skin from sun damage.
- Avocado face pack: Avocados also locally known as butter fruit work wonders on dry skin. Full of healthy fats, vitamins, and antioxidants, avocados are great for your skin health. Simply mash a spoon of ripe avocado and apply it onto clean skin, slowly massaging it. Leave it on for at least 15 minutes, wash off with water and watch your skin glow
- Fruit pack: Fruits are healthy when eaten, but some of them work wonders when used as a pack too. Mash together a piece of ripe banana, papaya with two teaspoons of milk. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the mix and apply all over face for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Banana and papaya contain powerful antioxidants and enzymes that slough off dead cells and moisturize skin while lemon juice is a natural skin whitener. Repeat this once a week for best results.
Read Also: Homemade Solutions For Treating Gum Infections
Read Also: Home Remedies for Acne
Want to share your experience as a mom with other moms through words or images? Become a part of the Moms United community. Click here and we will get in touch with you